Sunday, June 24, 2018

My Love for Ireland

July 29, 2017

Written while traveling in Ireland with my daughter last summer...

My love for Ireland began with a connection to John O'Donohue's poetry, which soon directed me to Celtic Wisdom. Here, steeped in resonance with this tradition, I continue to discover a vocabulary that describes how I think, live and feel. I come here to deepen the Celtic Spirit in the heart of my own life, our family, work and community. To rekindle my soul in a place that is far from the creative lists, the things I get to do. And the people I get to share my life with. Sometimes life looks clearer from a distance.

Before this adventure, over a glass of wine with my husband, I shared the realization of what I've created -- aside from all the shared creations with him, the people we work with, community, etc. -- my part: a beast. He laughed out loud. I am blessed with opportunity and open channels to share all my passions. Opportunities and thresholds I have worked hard to step up to. Walk through.


I searched for a word better than beast and found: Wild Thing. One of my son's favorite books when he was little, "Where The Wild Thing's Are". Read so many times, one copy wore out and we got another.


Wild Thing or Camatkarasana
A pose of wonder and astonishment, a way of seeing and experiencing this life.
(Image borrowed with gratitude from the internet.)



In yoga, there is a pose I love called: Wild Thing or Camatkarasana, a pose of wonder and astonishment. A fitting description of how I see this life I get to live. Accompanied by frequent anxiety and the incessant inner question of how will I have time to complete the personal projects I have started...Minute by minute. Day by day. 


Five years ago, I began writing. After a ten year hiatus from painting, I began painting the trail I was walking; hills I was climbing at that time. Fifteen paintings and stacks of writing later, I feel like  "A Thousand Yellow Butterflies" is ready to be culled through, pulling the poems and favorite pieces, completing this work I began that summer. A summer of intense rain, green desert and more butterflies than I had or have seen to date in the East Cape.


Part of our return to Ireland is culminating in a Celtic Journey with Brigid, the patron saint of poetry, peace, healing, unity and other wonders. Mary Meighan will guide our day.


In a recent description of Wild Thing, it said: Don't make this a big deal. Let every breath be a conversation between the earth and the sky.


Namaste,
Tehroma

(Note: almost a year later, the writing continues to wait and unfold. I continue to write and collect material. Time to cull will come.)

No comments:

Post a Comment